Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Spider Latham Christmas Story


This blog post is to announce my Spider Latham Christmas novella, Amy’s Star. It’s set here in Kanab, Utah, and I had such a good time writing it. The story is available in softcover only as A Kane County Christmas where it partners with a short story The Hay Ride by my brother, Ron. It’s available on Amazon and in several stores in Kanab.

Amy’s Star also is out in a Christmas Anthology titled A Christmas Village, available in softcover and Kindle on Amazon and as an ebook on Nook. I joined with two of the members of my critique group, Ann Acton and Terry Deighton, to put together this Anthology.

I’m partnering with Kent Douglass for a launch party at 7 p.m. Tuesday, December 2nd,  at the Kanab Library meeting room.

Kent is launching a middle grade, Goosbump-ish, novel What the Wind Blew In. I’m so proud of Kent. This is his debut novel. He has a great voice, and he’s written a fun book.

We’ll read from our books at 7:30, and then we’ll have doorprize drawings. People who come are in luck, because Kent, besides being a good writer, is a woodcarver, and he’s offering a couple of his carvings for door prizes. I’ll give books and six of my world-famous apple pies. Kent’s wife Inez is making pumpkin bread for refreshments, and we’ll have hot spiced punch, too.


I hope you’ll join us if you’re near. If not, check out the books. If you’re a Spider Latham fan, you’ll enjoy Amy’s Star. Heck, you’ll enjoy it even if you’ve never heard of ol’ Spider.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of christmas. See the link below for more info.


#Christmas
www.ufgop.org